If you are an owner of a new business, it is obvious that you want to market your products or services as much as possible. When it comes to digital media, the need for effective marketing is a notch higher due to the continuously catapulting competition. Factors like your domain name and SEO play a vital role in producing business opportunities through digital media. It is important for you to understand the fundamentals of startup SEO to meet your marketing objectives.
4 Tips for Startup SEO –
- The Choice of Domain Name for Startup SEO –
You need to name your startup business in such a way that it can represent your products or services. The name of your startup is the first and sometimes the only impression of your company. The name of your startup is the first thing investors will come across, and if it is not effective, they won’t invest in your startup.
After nomenclature of your startup, the next step is choosing the domain name for the website. It is essential to note that your domain name hugely affects the SEO, and subsequently, it affects the traffic on your website. You need to choose a domain name that portrays the product or services of your startup.
Also, your domain name should be short, but it should also carry the name of your brand. Do not use numbers in the domain name. Furthermore, it is better if you opt for the extension ‘.com’ instead of others like ‘.in’ or ‘.net’.
You can include industry keywords in the domain names. This hugely impacts the SEO. There are some tools like DomainIt, Domainsbot, and NameStation which can help you choose the right domain for your website.
- Optimize for the Right Keywords –
After choosing the appropriate and SEO-friendly domain name for the website of your startup business, you need to introduce content to your website. It is essential that the content you introduce to the website is rich in industry keywords.
Using long-tailed keywords is better for startup SEO. This enhances your website’s chances to rank higher in the search engine.
When you are optimizing for your startup website, it is important to note that there will be a gamut of competitors optimizing for the same set of keywords.
Do not fall for the myth of high search volume and low competition.
There are a lot of keywords research tool that you can follow and the most prevalently used ones are Ahrefs Keyword Finder that helps you discover thousands of high-value keywords that you can stuff in your content. Furthermore, the tool will help you calculate the potential traffic.
However, when you are selecting the appropriate keywords for your content, you need to do some search intent analysis. Read about it here.
You can also use KWFinder tool and SERP to search keywords. I would also recommend the paid keywords through Google Search Console. You will get access to keywords that lead to conversion.
- The Creation of Fresh Content –
Content marketing is the best way to educate your audience and inform about the services that you provide. However, sharing content from other sources is not advisable, especially because it defeats the purpose of content marketing. As a startup, you have acquired expertise in a particular niche. The website is the best place to passively show your expertise by creating fresh content. For good startup SEO, you need to create content that is trendy and at the same time, you need to depict your thought leadership through well-written blogs.
- Update blogs once a week
Blogs are important for the continuous startup SEO of your website. You should upload blogs on trendy topics relevant to your industry every week.
Bonus Tips for Startup SEO –
- It’s important to execute On-page and Off-page optimization on a regular basis.
- Accomplish internal linking and also incorporate external links to your website. More the backlinks, the better is your startup SEO.
- Conduct an SEO audit on a regular basis. It is just as important as executing SEO for startup. You can use SEMRush, Screaming Frog, and Majestic SEO to gauge your SEO strategy. These Softwares help you have an idea of pitfalls in your website.
- Your startup SEO doesn’t end at content and keyword optimization. You should also have a responsive web design on your website. It should be mobile-friendly and highly responsive.
- The page-loading speed of your website also affects the startup SEO. Your website should not take more than 2 seconds to load. Invest in a reliable web hosting service so that your website’s server never goes down.
- You should walk that extra mile to provide a better user experience on your website. This will gain you more audience and also retain the existing ones.
Startup SEO is the heart of your new business. Good content can take you ahead in the Google rankings, thereby enhancing the business opportunities.
At Pixelergy – SEO company in Ahmedabad, we use our SEO techniques to supercharge the growth of starts through real-time conversion.